Best Research Proposal
In order to foster the research culture, NHRD HR Showcase has instituted "Research and Innovation Fellowship Grant" for the financial year 2019-20. The following are the objectives of "Research and Innovation Fellowship Grant", hereafter to be referred as RIF:
- To build a research culture among the faculty.
- To encourage the fulltime faculty of institution to undertake relevant research projects in management and/or related disciplines with focus on technology and its impact on economy vis-à-vis management education.
- To facilitate the research work in emerging and frontier areas of management discipline.
- To enhance the quality of education by increasing its alignment with emerging contemporary realities.
- To encourage publication of research outcomes in refereed journals of repute.
Therefore, we invite applications from Full Time Faculty Members to showcase Best Research Proposals. This may include but not limited to research projects pertaining to management and related areas in Social Sciences amongst others.
Guidelines to submit Nominations:
- The researchers should be employed as full-time faculty.
- The proposed research project can be undertaken by an individual faculty member or a team of maximum four investigators. In case of multiple investigators, the applicant needs to be the principal investigator.
- Participants should submit the Nomination Form online.
- The Nomination Form should be accompanied with a detailed report including, but not limited to:
The main research proposal (in 1000 to 1500 words) including the following should be submitted in a softcopy to RIF Grant Committee:
- Context and significance of the proposal.
- There search questions to be addressed.
- Research objectives and Hypotheses.
- Framework of the concepts involved.
- Research Methodology highlighting the data collection methods and methods to analyze the data.
- Expected out come and value additions.
- All documents should be routed through the Head of the Institution
- The last date for submission of the nominations is 20th November, 2019
Post, nomination submission, the institute will be called for a round of preliminary discussion on the project proposal, whereby you will be required to present the same in front of a jury panel. The entries selected from the preliminary round will go to final round in December during the NHRD Showcase Event. Entries will be evaluated by eminent corporates and academicians in both the rounds (Preliminary and Final).
- Last date for submission of the nominations: 20th November, 2019
- Preliminary Round: 23rd November 2019
- Prelimianary Round venue: ISME, 88, Chembanahalli, Near Dommasandra Circle, Sarjapur Road,
Dommasandra, Bengaluru, Karnataka 562125.
- Final Round: 6th & 7th December 2019
- The Winner shall be announced on 7th December 2019.
- No fee for participation.
- Relevance of the topic
- Sustained Impact on the society
- Scalability and Adaptability
The following are the criteria for being considered under "Research and Innovation Fellowship Grant".
- All applicants/investigators should be citizens of India and full time faculty of educational institution.
- The applicant(s) should possess good academic record.
- Demonstrated interest of the applicants to learn and contribute to corporate.
- The research project should pertain to management and/or related disciplines.
- The research proposals should be submitted on or before the last date mentioned in the announcement.
Scope of the Proposal
The following points pertain to the scope of the proposed work.
- Under "Research and Innovation Fellowship Grant", research projects pertaining to management and related areas in Social Sciences need to be undertaken.
- The research projects need to be completed within one year timeframe.
- Preference will be given to research proposals that bring in new understanding and knowledge to management discipline.
The financial assistance of the "Research and Innovation Fellowship Grant" is governed by the following points.
- The selected proposal shall get a financial grant of upto 1,00,000(Rupees One lakh only)
- In case of multiple investigators, the grant will be awarded to the principal investigator and will be monitored by the institute where the principal investigator works.
- Executive Committee of NHRD, Bangalore Chapter will decide on the number of proposals to be approved/awarded with financial assistance each year.
- The Grant will be released to the researcher’s institution, with its prior consent, in three approximately proportionate installments, with the stipulations as indicated below:
Upto 55% of the approved amount, when the researcher submits:
- A Synoptic Note on the Research Proposal based on the comments received from RIF Committee Members during preliminary round.
- An academic Work Plan for the Research period broken up into tentative work plans for Phases as in Suggested Milestones.
- Tentative field related travel plans, durations, and proposed arrangements.
- Itemized budget estimates for the first installment.
Up to 30%, when approximately two-thirds of the research period is over, and the researcher submits:
- An Interim Progress Report on the work done to date.
- First Statement of Expenditure certified by the researcher’s institution, with supporting original documents for the first installment and
- An itemized budget for the remaining balance of the Grant.
15% or balance, after the researcher submits:
- Three hard copies and one soft copy of the Final Study, and NHRD Bangalore Chapter is satisfied with the academic originality and quality of the study.
- A publishable paper for inclusion in the NHRD Journal.
- 2nd Statement of Expenditures certified by Researcher’s Institution, including 5 per cent of total budget for institutional overhead and administrative costs, with supporting original documents for the balance of the Grant.
- For the award of fellowship/grant, the proposal should be conceptually based in any combination of functional/inter-functional/inter-disciplinary/ strategic/policy areas of management and/or related social sciences and other disciplines.
- There search proposal should clearly articulate the value-addition to the body of knowledge of management and related disciplines.
- The research proposal should be forwarded by the Head of the Institution wherein the principal investigator of the proposal is employed as a full time faculty.
Duration of the Fellowship
Not exceeding "One year" 1st January 2020 to 31st December,2020
Prof. Dr. Savitha Gubbi Ramachandra- +91 email@example.com